1.Collection of personal information
Smart Clinic Tokyo collects personal information required for medical care and nursing, and for providing treatment. When said personal information is to be used for other purposes, we will inform you of the purpose of use in advance, and first obtain your consent.
2. Use and provision of personal information
The clinic will not use patients’ personal information except within the scope of the original purpose of use, except in the following cases.
1. When the consent of the patient has been obtained
2. When the information has been used in a manner that renders identification of individuals impossible
3. When required by law
The clinic will not provide personal information to any third parties without the patient’s permission, except as required by law.
3. Appropriate management of personal information
The clinic will strive to keep patients’ personal information accurate and up-to-date, and to prevent leakage, loss, destruction, alteration, or unauthorized access to this.
4. Disclosure and correction of personal information
If the clinic is requested by a patient to disclose their personal information, the clinic shall confirm this content and respond without delay. Additionally, if correction is requested as a result of factual inaccuracies, the clinic will investigate and respond appropriately.
5. Contact point for inquiries
For inquiries regarding our clinic’s basic policy on personal information protection, please direct inquiries to the e-mail address “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
6. Legal compliance and improvement of personal information protection mechanisms
The clinic will comply with Japanese laws and regulations as well as norms regarding the protection of personal information, and will review each of the above items as appropriate to continuously improve our personal information protection mechanisms.
Purpose of collection of personal information, and scope of use
The purpose of our clinic’s collection of personal information, and scope of use is as follows.
1. Use within the clinic
- 1. Medical services provided to patients
- 2. Medical insurance administration
- 3. Ward administration, such as admission and discharge
- 4. Accounting and bookkeeping
- 5. Reporting of medical incidents, etc.
- 6. Improvements to medical services provided to patients
- 7. Calling for patients
- 8. Other administrative tasks related to patients
2. Use in providing information to outside the clinic
- 1. Cooperation with other hospitals, clinics, maternity centers, pharmacists, etc.
- 2. Responding to inquiries from other medical institutions
- 3. When seeking the opinions and advice of other doctors, etc., for the treatment of patients
- 4. Outsourcing of sample testing, etc.
- 5. Outsourcing of clinical case studies for the purpose of improving the quality of medical care
- 6. Explanation of medical conditions to family members, etc.
- 7. Provision of receipts to examination and payment institutions
- 8. Responding to inquiries from examination and payment institutions or insurers
- 9. Notification of results of medical examinations commissioned by businesses or other entities to that business or entity
- 10. Consultation with or notifications to professional medical institutions or insurers regarding medical liability insurance, etc.
- 11. Reporting of medical incidents, etc.
- 12. Other uses related to medical insurance administration for patients
3. Other use
- 1. Basic materials for maintaining and improving medical services and operations
- 2. Provision of information to external auditing organizations
*If you do not agree to any of the above, please inform the person in charge.
*If you do not make such a request, this will be treated as if you have agreed to the terms of this agreement.